Monday, July 16, 2012

Fireworks!

This year was my first year getting to photograph fireworks. I read a few articles from Caryn Esplin and POP Photo on how to adjust camera settings to get the best shots. In the end it's really trial and error to get the best images possible. I wanted to get there early enough to set up to find the best angles and fiddle with my camera settings. Unfortunately I got off work a bit late and barely managed to race home, grab my camera and run down the street before they started exploding in the sky. Seeing how large firework displays are a rarity, roughly two times a year, I really had to learn quick and stay on my toes the entire show. I ended up needing to straighten most of the photos because of the low angle that I was at. A few photos are straight out the camera as I had shot them. I only made minor edits to some of them to adjust for exposure values and blacks because the firework show was in the middle of downtown San Antonio where there was excess lighting around the area. I took around 175 pictures and these were the ones that turned out the best. Enjoy... And a happy late Fourth of July to you all...

Go ahead and click on them for a larger format.

f/8 --ISO100 -- 6 sec.

f/4.5 -- ISO100 -- 3 sec.

f/8 -- ISO200 -- 2 sec.

f/8 -- ISO200 -- 3 sec.

f/5.6 -- ISO100 -- 4 sec.

f/4.0 -- ISO100 -- 3 sec.

f/5.6 -- ISO100 -- 3 sec.

f/4 -- ISO200 -- 3 sec.

f/8 -- ISO200 -- 2 sec.

f/8 -- ISO200 -- 6 sec.

f/8 -- ISO200 -- 4 sec.

f/8 -- ISO200 -- 4 sec. 


Feel free to comment or send me a link to your Fourth of July pictures. Thanks for reading/looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment