Monday, July 14, 2014

See the Rise

This picture is just taken with my iPhone. I guess it's more of a snapshot than an actual photograph. It was taken last Summer in the first place we lived on the island on the Northside above Magen's Bay. We've been on St. Thomas for a year and we still are not quite used to waking up to this everyday. Photo wise I probably could have done a bit better with the composition but in a way I feel it works having the horizon across the center line since the mountainside feeds your eyes towards Magen's. Sunrise's and sunsets are incredibly fun to shoot but are pretty dang difficult to get the lighting to do what you want in your image. With a camera phone the exposure is fairly easy to set; just push your finger around the screen until it's not blown out. I have a few decent shots from my camera that I will be posting in the next week or so. Ideally I would like to post at least once a week. I'll have to see if this ends up being more of a travel/lifestyle blog of my surroundings or if it ends up being more photography specific. Either way, enjoy the sunrise.


No comments:

Post a Comment